Sunday 7 December 2008

Gratuitous guitar shot



Kistiecat's photostream

Do I need an excuse for this picture? It's one of my favourites of Gruff. But I don't really know why. The funky guitar? The geeky jumper? I don't know.

It's very... folk.

And I love folk.

I thought of this picture as I got my two issues of Planet Magazine yesterday (Whoot!). Haven't had a chance to read the second part of the interview yet, so I might post any new info I read on Monday. Anyway, I thought of this photo because in the first part of the interview (see post below) he talks about his unique style of guitar-playing. I know he is right-handed but learnt to play on his brother's left-handed guitar and so had to play the guitar upside down. Something he still does today. But I've never been able to figure out whether it's a left-handed or right-handed guitar that he now plays upside down (I know nothing about guitars).

It's a cool little idiosyncrasy anyway. I wonder if musos can hear the difference?

No comments: