Monday 22 June 2009

Wasn't looking for a mountain

It looks like there is going to be a video for Dark Days/Light Years by this Friday! Ooh, I'm excited. Mt is going to be the track to get the video treatment and I'm really looking forward to it as I'm very much an audio-visual girl. But what I want to know is, does this mean Mt is a single? With b-sides?? Or will it be a frustrating non-single like Inaugural Trams was? Are they even releasing singles anymore? Good, old-fashioned, physical copies? Is anyone???

Enough from me, there's a swanky competition coinciding with the video's release. Over to SFA;

SUPER FURRY ANIMALS TAKE THE 'MOUNTAIN' TO YOU
Here at Super Furry HQ, we've just finished up the new video for "Mt." from Dark Days/Light Years. This time, instead of offering the WORLD PREMIERE of the video to one of our usual TV, web or blog outlets, we want YOU to premiere the new video for "Mt" on YOUR website/blog/Facebook/MySpace/YouTube channel (or any other platform of your choice).

In 150 words or less tell us why you are the world's most rabidly committed SFA fan, and include a picture to help make your case. The most convincing entry wins, and Rough Trade and the Super Furries will use our well defined promo-muscle to bring the eyes of the World Wide Web to your Furry den for the video's premiere - next Friday, June 26th.

To enter, please send your words and pictures here: competitions@roughtraderecords.com with the subject 'Take The Mountain To Me!'

All entries due by Wednesday June 24th, 4PM UK time.


Now, it would seem that I have one of those website/blog/Facebook/MySpace/YouTube channel things... but, y'know, I kinda don't want them to use their "well defined promo-muscle to bring the eyes of the World Wide Web" to this Furry den. I quite like being a little hermit in my cave, talking to myself and the two(?) other people who read this blog. Plus, to back up my case I'd really need to take a photo of the inside of my Furry head. And, as far as I know, that technology isn't available yet. Whatever The Science of Sleep says. But, whoever wins, I'll post the link here. Like a good little Furry fan.

No comments: